Whole Human Transformation Suite: Grades 9-12
Welcome to Purpose Prep’s Transformation Suite designed for learners in Grades 9-12. For PreK-5 learners, please view Purpose Prep’s Elementary Curriculum – Purpose Pathways, and for Middle School Grades 6-9 learners please view our Middle School SEL curriculum.
Purpose Prep’s unique Whole Human Development model equips, empowers, and educates students to succeed both personally and professionally. Our core courses include, but are not limited to: Social Emotional Learning (SEL), College & Career Readiness, Personal Development, Leadership Development, Character Education, Life and Workforce Skills, Mental Health & Wellness, Restorative Justice, Trauma-informed Instruction, Intervention, and Prevention. Purpose Prep has over 1,000+ hours of SEL content, 600+ engaging instructional videos, 4,000+ prepackaged discussion questions, and over 80+ Educational Experts. Please see below for details on each course.
Our curriculum is packaged into individual courses because SEL isn’t for just some kids, it’s for all kids. Purpose Prep’s courses can be offered in seminar or enrichment periods, as a full semester or full-year course elective, as proactive or restorative justice solutions, or incorporated into at-risk training and credit recovery programs. All of our courses follow a scaffolding scope and sequence throughout to help your students become Whole Humans and find their Purpose. Each course is aligned to core social emotional learning (SEL) competencies outlined by CASEL and designed to provide students with a deeper understanding of their own personal development. Through our online Transformation Suite, Purpose Prep courses can be flexibly implemented and delivered either synchronously or asynchronously, online, in-person, or as customized blended-learning experiences.
Purpose Prep’s Grades 9-12 SEL Courses
With over 1,000 hours of instructional content, learners will never take the same course twice. All of our courses can be customized to meet the appropriate needs of your students, and we provide you with expert Professional Development support throughout program design, implementation, and beyond.
- Social Emotional Success: Strengthen social capacity and learners’ emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Mental Health & Wellness: Empower mental health by learning to self-soothe and manage complex emotions, especially in times of crisis or trauma
- College & Career Readiness: Provide essential instruction for preparing educational and vocational opportunities, and how to develop successful disciplines
- Personal Development: Enable success in school, at work, and in learners’ personal lives by enhancing self-awareness, self-esteem, and resilience
- Character & Leadership Development: Learners hone their leadership style and relationship skills and improving critical thinking and decision making skills
- Unlock Your Purpose: Help learners achieve maximum potential in life by discovering their unique Purpose for life and their goals
- Intro To Today’s Technology: Introduce emerging technology industries and how it will impact learners’ futures
- Youth Mental Health: State-specific curriculum to build a safe and healthy mental life, identify symptoms of mental health disorders, and prevent of suicide and substances abuse
- Kingdom Culture: 7 faith-based full-year or semester SEL courses
- Intervention on Purpose Library: 235 hours of targeted mini-courses for intervention and prevention instruction perfect for In-School Suspension (ISS), Out-of-School Suspension (OSS), and Alternative Education. Our 63+ topical interventions. include Suicide Prevention & Education, Substance Abuse, Vaping & JUULing, and Restorative Practices, to name a few
Content Standard Alignment
- SEL: CASEL
- ASCA: American School Counselor Association
- RTI: Response to Intervention
- PBIS: Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- MTSS: Multi-Tiered System of Supports – Tier 1 and 2
- NHES: National Health Education Standards
- WSCC: Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child
- Trauma-Informed Instruction
- ACEs Scores: Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Restorative Practices and Restorative Justice Principles
- CDC: Characteristics of an Effective Health Education Curriculum
- National Mental Health Standards
- Erin’s Law
- State-specific Mandates
- Juvenile Justice
Included in Each Offering:
- Media-rich Instructional Videos
- Prepackaged Discussion Questions
- “Check on Learning” Quizzes
- “Call to Action” Assignments
- Printable Learner Discussion Worksheets and “Call to Action” Activities
- Printable “Call to Action” Activities
- Parent/Guardian/Mentor Involvement Activity
- Purpose Prep Classroom Learning Routines, Lesson Plans, Course Scope & Sequences
- Facilitator Training Guides & Discussion Worksheets
- Content Standard Alignments and Crosswalks
- Supplemental Learning Podcasts and Videos
- Pre- and Post-Evaluation Surveys
High School SEL: Complex Emotions & Feelings
To empower high school students to learn foundational SEL skills across the five CASEL-defined competencies, Purpose Prep focuses on the 60 Complex Emotions & Feelings in our Theory of Classifications of Emotions, which are appropriate for grades 9-12.
This tool increases a student’s Emotional Intelligence (EQ) across the core social emotional learning skills: self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision making, social-awareness and relationships skills. Each of these competencies improves as students advance beyond and throughout the Purpose Prep SEL curriculum.
Please contact us to download the Theory of Classifications of Emotions tool and to learn more about the Inner Circle: Basic Emotions & Feelings (taught in Purpose Prep’s Elementary SEL Curriculum) and The Middle Circle: Advanced Emotions & Feelings (taught in Purpose Prep’s Middle School SEL Curriculum).
Discover Purpose Prep’s Additional SEL Curriculum
Purpose Prep offers hundreds of hours of additional instructional curriculum for social emotional learning. Please view our other offerings below and contact us with any questions.
- Elementary SEL Curriculum: Purpose Pathways PreK-2 and Grades 3-5 SEL program, K-5 New York Alignments, K-5 Florida Youth Mental Health Courses, and other K-5 state-specific mandates
- Middle School Grades 6-8 SEL Curriculum: View Purpose Prep’s 1,000+ hours of core SEL instruction, focusing on advanced emotions
- High School Grades 9-12 SEL Curriculum: View Purpose Prep’s 1,000+ hours of core SEL instruction, focusing on complex emotions
- Intervention on Purpose Library: 235 hours of targeted mini-courses for intervention and prevention instruction perfect for In-School Suspension (ISS), Out-of-School Suspension (OSS), and Alternative Education. Our 63+ topical interventions include Suicide Prevention & Education, Substance Abuse, Vaping & JUULing, and Restorative Practices, and more.
- Staying Safe K-12: Grade-level courses aligned to SEL competencies and contains instruction on the five Erin’s Law Safety Rules and five Protection Concepts
- Youth Mental Health: Hundreds of lessons in our CASEL and state-aligned mental health curriculum for grades K-12
- Professional Development: 45+ Professional Development trainings from program design and launch, to staff and student support, and program optimization
- Pioneer Purpose: Adult SEL Certification Training Program for educational leaders, staff, teachers, and adults
- Coming Fall 2020, three new courses: Climate & Culture Transformation, Restorative Practices & Principles, and Parenting on Purpose